Feeding the Community
Our school farms are vibrant and participatory local food systems that address the unequal distribution of healthy food in south Atlanta.
Educating the Next Generation of Farm Entrepreneurs
Curriculum-based, hands-on activities on the farms provide students with agricultural knowledge and experience growing their own food.
Creating a Hub of Engagement That Connects Schools and Community
By connecting local resources and organizations to the farm, our farm program helps boost the local economy.
- Proximity and access to healthy and culturally appropriate food sources.
- Families connected to and engaged with food in their community.
- Local organizations vested in food security.
- Community decision-making and participation in the food system.
- Pantries are only a fail-safe; moving away from short term fixes.
- We empower Purpose Built Scholars to be change agents in their communities.
- Scholars discover the value of creating and participating in their own food systems.
- We improve access for PBSA families to healthy, culturally relevant food.
- Price Middle School Farm
- Slater Elementary School Greenhouse
- Urban Recipe Co-Op at Slater Elementary School
- CORner Store at Carver STEAM Academy
- The Paideia School
- Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta
- Carver Market