A Commitment to New Opportunities
Our goal is to turn around failing schools – putting all students on a trajectory to college and career success – while using the schools as a means to transform struggling neighborhoods into healthy communities.
Purpose Built Schools is committed to:
- Maintaining neighborhood schools within the Atlanta Public School (APS) system, following APS’s attendance and disciplinary policies, putting every child first, and striving for zero suspensions and expulsions.
- Implementing a proven instructional model that incorporates every element of the Drew Instructional Model, including a STEAM curriculum informed by a project based learning approach, including an extended day, an intensive focus on literacy and math, strong social and emotional supports for the children, and high quality teachers in every classroom.
- Providing a well-rounded experience for every child with up to two enrichment periods each day in chorus, robotics, band, dance, P.E., art, technology, Spanish, and more.
- Offering a structured after school program that provides children an opportunity to have fun, learn, and explore in a safe, supportive environment where dinner is provided for any student who attends.
- Working side-by-side with the parents and community to ensure that every parent can fully engage through a PTA, can advocate effectively on behalf of their child, and can provide a stable and supportive environment for their child. We will accomplish these goals through an intentional staffing strategy and a strategic approach to building external partnerships.
- Consistently improving academic outcomes for every child that prepares him or her to succeed in the 21st century and, in the process, meeting and exceeding the State’s academic expectations for the school.
Holistic approach, proven model
Purpose Built Schools follows a proven instructional model developed by Drew Charter School in Atlanta. With a combination of motivated teachers, a robust instructional approach using STEAM as a thematic focus, and comprehensive community support programs, Purpose Built Schools is creating a culture that will foster academic success.
Our culture emphasizes empowerment, teacher collaboration across grade levels, strong professional development, student accountability, and high parental and family engagement.
Project based learning with a strong birth – 12 continuum driven by a robust early learning program, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) as a thematic focus, an intentional RtI (tiered) model for literacy and math, and a focus on enrichment opportunities and the development of 21st century skills.
We support our schools with comprehensive community programs and services designed to address those external factors that negatively impact student achievement.
We attract experienced people motivated by high professional standards, collaboration, enrichment, and research-based practices.